Sunday, April 6, 2014

D is for Dreams



Someone recently posted this and targeted it towards me on a social media site.


First off, can I say adult cyber-bully?  Kind of wrong, but whatev's.

I know exactly what this person *thinks* they're referring to (which cannot be further from the truth), but it made me wonder....does that person have no dreams? How sad for them.


I often wonder if this particular person dreams only of bringing me down. If so, I'm sorry.  You lose.


I'm not going to get into a long, "I have a dream" speech, but really, are we really being good parents if we set aside ALL of our own dreams/goals because we have kids?


To be clear: my son comes first.  People who actually know me, know this.

*He* is why I dream.  I have dreams for him, my family and myself.


I've been a dreamer since I was a small child.  I dreamed about being a mom, a wife (which didn't quite work out so well the first time around, but we all have to start somewhere, right?!), an Olympic gold medalist ice princess, then gymnast.


Now I just dream of continuing to live and love this *incredibly* happy life I have.


Sure, I have running goals (I think these are the *dreams* this person was incorrectly eluding to), they aren't really "dreams" and I certainly am not putting my son's interest aside to reach any of them. In fact, one of my BIG dreams that includes Louis will be materializing this fall and I CANNOT wait (more on that much, much later - kind of under wraps for privacy reasons).


When kids see their parents seeking out their dreams, it turns them into dreamers as well.

So I say to you....




No comments:

Post a Comment