Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekly Chase

Once again, our weekend was too short.

I could use at least another day off.

This last week in fitness looked like this:

Monday – Rest - I really did this!
Tuesday – Barre Fusion at Lifetime and 3.1 miles after that - check!
Wednesday – 6 miles easy - Barre AND 6 miles
Thursday – 3 miles at my wishful pace + light strength - I did Barre instead
Friday – Rest
Saturday – Rest
Sunday – Rock and Roll Dallas Half Marathon Goal Time: 2:00-2:20 - smack dab in the middle 2:10 (more on that later this week)

Total miles:  22.3

My friend Alicia *KILLED* her 50 miler on Saturday! 

 
Read about her amazing journey here.  This girl is in her word "amazeballs"!

I can't even fathom the thought of doing basically another marathon after just running a marathon (which is pretty much what this is), except that a) this was a difficult trail run and b) the "trail" was actually a lot of sand per Alicia's report.  I didn't get a chance to go out to the course, but saw lots of smiles & saw lots of updates from my friends that were out there with her. 


Our entire group is SO proud of her!!

What's up for this week?

Monday - Barre 
Tuesday - Barre Fusion & 3 miles
Wednesday - 4 miles and strength train
Thursday - rest
Friday - Barre
Saturday - group run with MRTT (6ish?) and strength
Sunday - Barre (I am still really loving this Barre thing!)



Total milage: 13 miles

I can't remember the last time I ran so little in one week.  I'll let you all in on my plans later...(i'll see if it works first!)

Who else raced this weekend?  How did it go?


4 comments:

  1. Great Job!! Congratulations on completing the Half! Great time. I'm going to have to look into a Barre class - you make it sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hildy....you should definitely check it out. I've been to 6 classes over the last 2 weeks and I am already noticing changes in my core strength. The time passes so fast because it is so fast paced and fun!

      Delete