Monday, May 18, 2015

Saving Tyrion Lannister - Weekend Update

Tyrion had a fantastic weekend!  His vet called me Saturday while I was running my ultra marathon and told me he was having a "phenomenal" day! That certainly put a spring in my step and a smile on my face! He was eating like a little piggy and just looking better overall.

His primary vet, Dr. Cleroux, called us just a bit ago and said today he was in the best "spirit" he had seen him in.  He looked brighter and was being feisty enough during his dialysis treatment that he had to have some sedation!  This is the Tyrion we know...the one that takes three humans to hold him down to get a temperature in his backside.  This is a *great* sign!

The only semi-concerning thing today, was that his potassium level was 9.0!  Normal potassium levels are from 3.5-5.  One that high in a human would almost surely cause heart arrhythmia, cardiac arrest or even death.  Tyrion was showing zero signs of trouble.  They also had a harder time finding a blood cross match for him today, which worries us a little, as this is the first time this has happened.  Hopefully, this is not a precursor/sign for finding him a kidney match.  This process is going to start happening tomorrow or Wednesday.  They have three donor cats there that have the same blood type as Tyrion (type A), but they have to cross match on other levels as well.

So now we hope and pray that this is the next test this tough little kitty can overcome.

The wonderful vets at the hospital sent us some adorable pictures and videos over the weekend.


This kitty....we miss him so much! What I wouldn't do to see him feeling well right now.



1 comment:

  1. I'm SO happy he's pulling through! I was thinking of the little guy last night; glad he's advancing to the next level! I'm praying that they have a match for him! Thanks for posting an update. :)

    ReplyDelete