Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Weekly Chase #20

It's that time of year again!!

Marathon training takes off THIS WEEK!!


Basically, each week looks the same, the numbers just change. Tempo Run, Speed Work and Long Run x 14.

I am using the "Run Less, Run Faster", FIRST method to train.  I debated for a long time whether to use that one or a Runkeeper plan.  The Runkeeper plans (FREE by the way) have treated me well in the past.  When training for a 2 hour marathon, it got me *very* close (like 4 minutes off).  BUT, I're heard and read a lot of great things about the RLRF plan...so, here we go!


I'm looking forward to another moonlight run with my MRTT frunners on Tuesday and then getting out of this blistering heat on Thursday for the cool temps in Minnesota.  It's crazy that nearly ever year, my first week of marathon training has been there.  I don't know how that happens, but it's kind of odd.


I'll be keeping up my barre schedule during this training cycle, with a goal of going 3 times a week.  Closing in on 100 classes (only 28 classes-about 6 weeks away!), I am finding I actually have some serious bi/triceps, not to mention the "ledge" Pure Barre is known for!  PB has really helped build my core strength & I believe that will bode well for me over the next 14 weeks.


Have you ever tried the FIRST training plan?  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment