Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Weekly Chase #17 - A Pep Talk To Myself

I don’t know about you, but I really enjoyed the short week! I had Monday off to try and recover from
Maui and then of course, the holiday was Friday.

I didn’t really meet any of the goals I had set for myself last week and the task of marathon training is
becoming quite daunting and intimidating.


This isn’t my first rodeo, but my weekly mileage has dropped so much since May, the eight mile run I told myself I *needed* to do Sunday felt like I was trying to run a full marathon. Thinking about not one, but three 20 milers in the next few months was making me feel like I couldn’t do it.


While I’m still reaping a TON of benefits from attending barre regularly, my cardiovascular endurance has diminished greatly. Earlier in the year 8-10 miles every run was pretty much the norm. I think the last time I ran 8 miles was before Mother’s Day! The 8 I did yesterday was difficult, I feel like I *barely* made it. I’m just feeling so unmotivated to run and feeling REALLY unsure of myself to get in all of these massive training runs before November.



I keep telling myself every week – I will increase my miles, I will increase my miles...and it’s just not happening. SO, before s#!+ things gets real in 2 weeks, I need to get real. Run my planned runs. Or suffer with exhausting, uninspired runs for the rest of the season.


So....for this week.

Monday – Barre in the am, but no run – Moms Night Out with MRTT – it’s a running club so it *counts* as something related to running, right?

No really, it’s just an excuse for me to eat chips and queso.

Tuesday – Barre + 4-5 miles



Wednesday – Rest Day – Louis comes back from his 3 weeks stay with his dad!!!!

Thursday – Run/bike ride for Louis to the snow cone stand – 4 miles


Friday – Barre

Saturday – Barre + 8 miles

Sunday – Barre

Total Mileage 16-17 miles. This is the same as last week, but with higher mileage runs. I have been
stuck in a run doing 3 mile runs here and there, which are not helping my endurance AT ALL!

SO! On to a new week, a new plan, a new attitude!


Do you ever find yourself in a running rut? Does it take you long to snap out of it?

1 comment:

  1. I'm in a rut right now too! Since my 15K, I haven't been doing all that much with running. This short week I didn't run at all. :( Does hiking count, ha ha ha? The humidity hasn't been helping with motivation either. I know I have lots of time yet before my half in October, but I still have to tell myself that I don't, so I don't fall off and have to build all that distance again! It's nice to know that you struggle with it too though; I thought it was just a "beginners" thing!
    Hang in there!! You'll get your mojo back... just think about that wedding dress you'll be wearing in the future!! I know you'll be back up to the high miles in no time!! :)

    ReplyDelete