Which means a link up for the Friday Five with Courtney @Eat, Pray, Run DC, Mar @ Mar on the Run and Cynthia @You Signed Up For What?!
This weeks topic? My five favorite things happening in my life right now.
1. Spending the week with my son! I know to most parents this sounds like something that happens all of the time, but unfortunately with split custody, it doesn't work that way for me. His dad had to "travel" so I got to keep him all to myself for the week. It has passed entirely way too fast.
2. I'm halfway through my class this quarter. Advance Pathophysiology. Yes. It is as hard as it sounds. BUT, I'm learning A LOT (it's been 20 years since I took anatomy and basic phys, this is *way* more intense). It's just very time consuming, but the end is in sight!
3. Our upcoming trip to Minnesota. Because we haven't been on vacation enough, Louis and I will head to MN in 2 weeks! He goes up every summer to spend time with my mom and dad, I go to get a reprieve from the heat. This year I'll also be attending my 20th high school reunion and am *really* excited to see my old friends and classmates!
4. Engagement Party! On Sunday, Ryan's parents are hosting an engagement party for us, so that we can celebrate with our closest family and friends. I am so excited and have been looking forward to it for several weeks.
5. Wedding planning. While I want to do as little as possible for this wedding (think destination wedding where I buy a dress and pretty much just show up), I am having a lot of fun looking at dresses, flowers and decorations - dreaming about the beach and marrying my prince charming!
There are also a couple of other things I'm totally excited for that I'll write more about next week....stay tuned
Have a great weekend!!