Saturday, August 3, 2013

I've Been Everywhere - Part North

Less than 48 hours after we deplaned in Dallas, I was back on board for my annual summer trip to Minnesota to spend time with Louis and see some great friends, some of whom I had not seen in 9 years (aka too long).
 
After spending a few days with Louis and my parents, I was off to a lake cabin for the weekend.  The time flew by way, way, way to fast.  The Rogue Pirate Nurses (it's a L O N G) story, picked up right where we left off, not skipping a beat.  We shared laughs until we cried, till our bellies hurt, celebrated my dear friend Em's eternal 29th birthday, antiqued in tiaras, emptied a few bottles of adult beverages and made toxic crafts by moon light.  I have to tell you.  Everyone needs friends like these!  These are the three of the strongest, smartest and funniest women I know!  I hope I can make the meeting next year!

 Rouge Pirate Nurses Unite
 Taming the shrew....ok....it's a weasle, that was adopted by Lisa, who is now lovingly named (by me, at least) after the new King George Alexander Louis, Georgie for short ;)
Lynette is helping Em prepare for a special day!

 These ladies constantly crack me up!
 Celebrating with the "more is more" birthday cake, which was delicious!
 
 Toxic crafts by moonlight.
There were laughs, there were happy tears, there may or may not have been glowing internal organs.
 The view from Lynette's beautiful lake home!

After that it was back to my hometown and more fun with Louis.  We splashed around at the pool, took some swings around town in the golf cart (yes, you can travel by golf cart in that small of a town), and played at the park.
 Playing with friends!

 Louis and Kennedy have been friends since they were small babies.
Kennedy's mom and I have been friends since we were kids. 
Our moms have been friends for a long time too!
We have so much fun together!
Getting to play together and see this family is always a highlight of the trip.
I secretly hope Louis marries Kennedy someday. :)


 GiGi getting in on the spinning actions.
 Love this girl!
Love this boy!

We even had a few days to spare upon our return to Dallas!  After missing that kiddo for three weeks, we sure made up for it and then some!  I will be sad when summer vacation is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment