Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Favorites


Every Friday I would like to share a recipe that I have deemed fantastic!  Be warned…they may or may not be healthy. 

This is an easy favorite, a sweet treat made a bit healthier.  Pumpkin spice muffins.  For this you need two ingredients.  A spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin.  That’s it!  


Mix the two together and bake in cupcake form at 350 degrees for 19-21 minutes.  You may be tempted to add other liquids/fluids to the mix as it is very, very thick.  Don’t.  Pumpkin and cake.  It is THAT easy!

I cannot tell you how fabulous these are.  They are so moist and delicious.  They can also help curb a sweet tooth.  


I mustered up some of my mad math skills to provide a brief nutritional content.

Calories per muffin: 150
Fat grams: 2!
Carbs: about 29 grams

I usually throw about half of these in the freezer for later in the week.  They are so wonderfully moist that sometimes they go bad quickly.  They freeze great.  A can of pumpkin can also be used with other cake mixes; chocolate, white, yellow, carrot.  I have not tried these, but may be experimenting soon.

Happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. These were really good! Thanks for bringing me some. :0)

    ReplyDelete