Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Weekly Chase #21

As I mentioned in my post last week, marathon training has commenced! There were some good days and bad; runs that I nailed and one that I'd rather forget.  Team this up with travel, being a mom, work and school and it was a *crazy* week!

I only made it to Pure Barre once, but I plan to binge on this when I get back to Texas!

I ran four times last week.  I did one more run than I was supposed to (only 3 per week), but who could resist, running with my lovely ladies from MRTT....especially on a night of a record turnout.  We had so much fun!


I nailed my speed work on Wednesday, surprising since I'd kind of slowed down the last 2 months.
I bumped my long run from the weekend to Friday night and ran out in the country in my hometown.  It was one of those runs that you want to remember forever.  The weather was perfect, my pace was spot on (under actually) and there were literally *thousands* of lightening bugs surrounding me (including in my face! gross). I wish I could fly up every weekend for my long run!


Saturday brought my tempo run.  Probably not the best idea the day after a longish run.  It was pretty much a disaster.  My legs were still kind of tired from the night before and I knew I wouldn't have time to do it on Sunday, so I just went for it and lost.


I'm glad I got some miles in that day because Saturday night involved a lot of red wine.


My 20th high school reunion!  There were a few more people than this there, but we had a great showing for our class of just 63!


So many laughs, stories and recollecting with old friends.  I'm kind of sad I only get to see these people once every five years....thank goodness for social media!

I did a shake out/redemption run Sunday evening.  It felt good after splurging on mini donuts and salt water candy earlier in the day (I felt like I was sweating pure sugar).

Week 2 of marathon training will be another challenge, but will pretty much have the same key components of week one; speed, tempo, long run.  Working, travelling, trying to see friends and family before I leave all while trying to get in lots of QT with Louis.

So....hello Monday!  Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, you just reminded me that this year is MY 20th reunion too....uggh! How did that happen?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on kicking off marathon training- that's exciting!

    ReplyDelete