Thursday, November 13, 2014

Friday Five - Favorite Running Mantras

Thanks to Courtney @Eat, Pray, Run DC, Mar @ Mar on the Run and Cynthia @You Signed Up For What? for the Friday Five Link-Up!

Running mantras have seen me through some tough spots in races, regardless of what distance I'm running.  Some people wear them on their shirts (I LOVE that), some write them on their hands, others just repeat them over and over when they feel the need.  Some of the best mantras are from advice given to me by frunners, signs I see along the way and the bible.

Here are some of my favorites (always in no particular order).

#5

This has been one of my mantras from the get go.  I feel like as long as I am making forward progress, I will cross the finish line.  Whether it be a race or just life in general, this is my go to.


#4

For reals.  Oddly enough.  This crosses my mind A LOT sometimes!



#3

Seen on a number of race signs lately, I LOVE this one.


#2

My new favorite....

"Run confidently in the direction of you dreams.  Clarity is power."
-a bestest frunner Luisa before my NYC Marathon
(btw...Luisa followed her dreams all the way to qualifying for the Boston Marathon - she is legit!)


#1

I see a lot of runners in races who wear this on their shirts.  It always seems like I see those people when I need it the most.  


What are some of your favorite running/life mantras?

3 comments:

  1. Love these! I use a few myself; a favorite is "if you train your mind for running, everything else will be easy." It's so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about the internet. Finishing times are there forever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post about the mantras! Love #1.

    ReplyDelete